Monday 7 February 2011

It's a boy thing...

Waaaheeey!! Today is a good day. I actually feel like I have had enough sleep for once. The sun is shining. The house is a mess but I don't care. The little lovelies are at school (well at least for the next Ooooo, 20 mins!) and therefore not trying to rip each others hair out and I'm feeling rather productive on the uni front. I also have something to show you. This cushion is for my son, he complained the other week that I am always making girly pink stuff and nothing ever for him.

Hmph, I thought. He is right. But black and grey is soooooooo boring! A couple of years ago he would have been happy with some greens, reds, blues....but now he is a floppy haired, mumbling teen, only black will do. Tsk! I do hope he grows out of this stage pretty sharpish! However, working with black and grey wasn't all that bad and although I thought twice about making a cushion for a boy out of granny squares, I rather like it. It looks all 'cubey' made up.



I did go up to take pictures of the cushion on his bed but soon realised that my baby boys room has well and truly turned into a toxic 'no go' area and is certainly not fit for public viewing! Why do they have to grow up so quickly!?



So woohoo! I finished something! However I now have an order for a girly cushion for my daughter. But at least she chose pinks and purples!

Hope your Monday's were fabulous!



6 comments:

**Anne** said...

Terrie this cushion is awesome. Love, love, love it. I love the grannies and I love the back even more. Your cool dude teenage son is very lucky to have a mum like you.
Have a great week.
Anne xx

renee said...

What an inspiration! I love it and I would have especially loved it when I was a teen. I went through a black & white phase for awhile, drove my mom crazy! All I would wear was black and white!

Sara said...

Hi Terrie. Looks great! I think its sweet that your teen even wanted you to make him something. Most of the time my 15 year old daughter seems to think everything I make is horrid??? Nice to see you at Tangled Happy. I am always happy to hear from new visitors. Hope to see you often. :)

Andi G said...

That is fantastic! Yes they do indeed grow out of that. My 16 year old nephew actually said it was okay to put aqua in a blanket I made for him.:)

PaisleyJade said...

Oooo - love it!!

- said...

This really is lovely and I too love the back!