Friday 4 April 2014

Freebie Friday





This week I received five Koko Dairy Free milk coupons. I rather cheekily emailed this company as Mr T is lactose intolerant but loves dairy. Go figure. He recently tried the Rice Dream milk alternative as I had coupons for it and wasn't too impressed. I had a sip and have to say it tasted very watery. Like watered down skimmed milk, with a smidgen of coconut. It also left a iccky after taste.I think he liked the sound of Koko as it comes in chocolate flavour (lover of anything sweet is Mr T) Anyway, the lady who replied to my email sounded lovely and said she would post out the coupons the very same day. I was shocked to find them on my mat the next morning! It's rare that a companies customer service bowls me over but Koko's did.

So Koko is made from coconuts and is lactose, cow's milk protein and gluten free. It has the same calcium  content to semi-skimmed milk and I have to say it tastes very similar to milk. It's not as watery as the rice milk and is something that even a milk guzzler like me would happily drink. Particularly the chocolate flavour!

Koko also does not curdle in tea and coffee which is a bonus for Mr T - who wants lumpy coffee first thing in the morning!



Manuka Doctor sample kit. I thought this was a crazy bargain as it was advertised as three free samples, worth £12.99, for.....well free. Because of the price I thought they would at least be travel size samples, but heh just shows how much I spend on my face care!  As my skin has started to age (Sssshhhh! They are not wrinkles but laughter lines) I don't really know what to do with it. I've always had combination (or pain in the butt) skin, dry in some places spotty in others. Now it just feels dry and less bouncy, if you know what I mean. So I am on the look out for something to at least hydrate it without breaking me out in pimples. Or a small miracle and my 20 year old bounce back ;)

I was obviously more interested in the price than the product though as I was horrified when this came and it said Purified Bee Venom on the box. Poor bee's! I thought it was just some sort of honey. So I googled and found out that this is the 'thing' at the minute. Apparently Kate Middleton uses Bee Venom beauty products and no bee's are harmed in the extraction of the venom. I hope. I'm still a little reluctant to use it though. It is meant to 'trick' your skin into thinking it has been stung and rush blood to it, or something along those lines. Sounds a little extreme to me, so if any of you want to give this a go - let me know and I will pop them in the post for you.



2 comments:

**Anne** said...

Well the milk substitute sounds good but bee's venom....perhaps not.
Anne xx

kizi said...

Oh Yes! I'm glad I found your article today. I recommend it to everyone .. Thank you for your work!

Friv 2