Thursday 27 October 2011

During This Wet and Windy Half Term..

The predominant slushy weather which arrived with half term.....


rain


Meant cake making was a must to keep the little people entertained.....



cake



....and the hex love continued...



1. DSCF5196, 2. Finished Hexy Blanky, 3. Finished African Flowers blanket, 4. Hexagon Halfway, 5. Japanese Hexagon Blanket, 6. Hexagon Patchwork, 7. African Flower blanket, 8. Bright hexagons shawl, 9. Done at last ?



Mine doesn't look a whole lot different from the last picture so I won't upload another one just yet. I am regretting surrounding each hex with white though. I have seen some stunning hex blankets around the web and none of them are surrounded by white - I think it...

A) takes away from the fact that they are actually hex's
B) dilutes the onslaught of eye popping colour.

But I shall continue because I am utterly determined to finish this! I'm feeling the ripple love at the minute and   have been eyeing up some yarn that will be perfect - however the hex has to be finished first.

Right apparently I am judging the cakes (such a hard life being a mum!) so I am off for some serious sugar intake! xxxx

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Oh wow such gorgeous hexes and cake too! Fab! We have had the usual half term which is where the kids gets sick one by one so we can't do anything!!!

**Anne** said...

Cake making is a wonderful way to keep the kids occupied and keeps their bellies full too! I love your kitchen cannisters and teacup/pot, such gorgeous, vibrant colours. Guaranteed to cheer anyone out of the grumps! :)
Anne xx