Monday 22 November 2010

Chaos, a bowl and some stars.

Hello my lovelies. Things have been pretty chaotic here hence the lack of posts but I am still lurking in the background, reading posts, smiling at what you have all been up to. That's the wonderful thing about blogland isn't it? Even when crafty time is at a minimum and things are stressful you can still immerse yourself in creative goodness vicariously. Personally I have seen so many inspiring things over the past few days my mind is exploding with ideas but I just do not have enough hands to put them into practice.

Santa - I could really do with a clone machine for Christmas.

Anywhoo I did decide I really needed something to keep my Granny stars in as they are piling up fast. So I attempted a crochet bowl. Now this isn't my own design and I have been in two minds posting it as I can't find the pattern I worked from. However I shall continue hunting for it and will update to give credit as soon as I find it.





I shall have to make a bigger one as I have more Granny stars than space!

Speaking of Granny stars..... The lovely Michelle over at The Royal Sisters has featured my Granny-tastic stars picture on her blog! I am sooooooo giddy with excitement and if I am honest I am feeling pretty darn proud to be gracing the pages of such a wonderful blog. So pop over to The Royal Sisters to take a peek - you can also find the awesome pattern I used for the Granny stars over there and a link to the Flickr group with enough granny goodness to keep you satisfied for hours. Thank you Michelle!

Okay that's me for today, I am off to do some work for a change ;-)

Have a fabulous Monday!



Edit: Ha! Found it the bowl is the Filigree Bowl by Linda Permann - looking at the pictures on Raverly I should have used a bigger hook because the bowl was certainly supposed to be larger! Never mind, mine is diddy and cute!

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Gorgeous bowl and how exciting featuring on The Royal Sisters blog. Congratulations. x

- said...

Well done!

Annemarie's Haakblog said...

That bowl is gorgeous!!

**Anne** said...

I love your bowl. I didn't even know you could make a bowl from crochet. Sad, I know.
Have a good one,
Anne xx

Moois van mie said...

I love your bowl !!!! What did you do to make sure it stays ' up ' ?

Crochet with Raymond said...

I saw your starts on Michelles blog and felt excitement for you!!!!
Lovely to see such a pretty picture of you as your profile shot! It's fab to see who we really are behind the craft!
Love your bowl too...
XXXXX

PaisleyJade said...

These are amazing - love love love!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bowl! :-)

Linhas, lãs, tecidos e afins... said...

Such a cute bowl!
And those bags I posted are really beautiful... Many of them are already in my faves on Flickr ^^

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

I love the vivid color you used on these bowls! I am using a similar idea for my flower girls to carry in my wedding this July.

Das Bellas said...

hi, i lovei and all of your blog, now i am followig from Brasil ;))))
kisses
Bells
http://dasbellas.blogspot.com